- On November 1, 2017 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Peggy will be moderating the Annual Trust and Estate Law Forum at the New Jersey Law Center in New Brunswick. Robert will also be speaking at this event. For more information visit the: New Jersey Trust and Estate Forum Event Page
- Peggy Sheahan Knee will be lecturing on the topic of “electronic or digital will as well as the potential use of this format for other important estate planning documents such as advance directives, health care proxies and durable powers of attorney” at the fall meeting of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) which is being held in Nashville, Tennessee from October 19-22.
- On October 5, 2017 Robert A. Knee will be moderating a seminar on Contested Guardianships for the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education.
- On February 15, 2018 Robert A. Knee will be moderating and lecturing at the Hot Trends in Estate Litigation seminar for the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education.
- News Alert – President Obama signed the 21st Century Cures Act into law on December 13, 2016. The Act contains numerous provisions, but one of interest to family and friends of persons with disabilities concerns special needs trusts. It is called the “Special Needs Trust Fairness Act” and enables competent individuals who have disabilities to establish their own special needs trusts using their own funds without going to Court. It pertains to (d)(4)(A) trusts, which can be set up with the disabled person’s own funds. It receives its title from 42 U.S. Code Section 1396(d)(4)(A). Until now, a (d)(4)(A) trust, although established with the disabled person’s own funds, could only be established by a parent, grandparent, guardian or the Court. The disabled person could not establish his or her own (d)(4)(A) trust.
- Robert A. Knee of the Knee Law Firm LLC, spoke at a seminar entitled “10th Annual Latest Trends in Estate Litigation” which will be held on February 27, 2017 from 9am to 12:35pm at the New Jersey Law Center in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- Robert A. Knee will receive the Arthur Horn Award from the Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association on January 25, 2017 for his service to the Section.
- Robert A. Knee and Peggy Sheahan Knee spoke at a seminar entitled “Handling Contested Guardianships” which will be held on January 24, 2017 from 9 am to 12:35 pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Fairfield, New Jersey.
- Both Robert A. Knee and Peggy Sheahan Knee were rated as outstanding attorneys in 2015 by industry leaders and peers for ethical standards and professional ability. Both professionals have been recognized as Super Lawyers and rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Peggy Sheahan Knee is the co-author of a publication by Lexis Nexis entitled “New Jersey Elder Law”, 2006 Edition, which is part of the Lexis Nexis Practice Guide series.
- Peggy Sheahan Knee is the author of a publication by Lexis Nexis entitled “New Jersey Probate and Estate Administration”, 2016 Edition, which is part of the Lexis Nexis Practice Guide series.
- Peggy Sheahan Knee was quoted in several Bergen Record articles concerning the repeal of the New Jersey Estate tax. To view one of those articles on the web, visit the Bergen Record website at http://www.bergenrecord.com