Guardianships | Conservatorships | Preservation of Assets | Management of Finances or Health Care Decisions

Do you have a family member or other loved one who lacks the capacity to manage his or her own affairs? Maybe it’s an elderly parent or relative who is in the early stages of dementia or has other health issues? It may be the small child of a family member, in a situation where the parents are incarcerated, institutionalized or deceased. Or do you or a family member want to voluntarily appoint someone to manage your affairs?

When a person lacks the ability to manage his or her own affairs, the law allows for the appointment of a guardian to ensure that that person’s legal, medical and financial affairs are effectively managed. Additionally, if you want someone else to have the authority to manage your affairs, you can voluntarily appoint a conservator of your assets. In either instance, we can help.

At the Knee Law Firm, LLC, with offices in Hackensack, our lawyers offer over 60 years of combined legal experience in guardianship and conservatorship matters to individuals across New Jersey. We are a boutique law practice, with the experience and resources necessary to handle your matter. We built our reputation and practice on a commitment to communication and personal service—you’ll always have the opportunity to work with one of our attorneys. We’ll keep you fully informed of all developments in your case, so that you can make good decisions about what’s best for you.

For an appointment, contact our office by e-mail or call us at 201-996-1200.

Our Guardianship and Conservatorship Practice

We offer comprehensive counsel in matters related to guardianships and conservatorships. We’ll help you take the necessary steps to have a guardian or conservator appointed, when necessary. We will prepare and file all documents necessary to have a guardian or conservatorship appointed and will be your advocate in all proceedings in the courts. We will also help you seek to remove a guardian or conservator, and will help you obtain an accounting or take legal action to resolve any breach of fiduciary duty by a guardian or conservator.

Contact Our Office

To learn how we can assist you in any guardianship or conservatorship matter, contact us online or call our office at 201-996-1200.

New Jersey SuperLawyers | AV-Rated Under Martindale-Hubbell’s Peer Review System